Old November 15th 03, 12:28 PM
Sue

Default Learning to ride a bicycle

In message , AnyBody43
writes
(Header change - sorry - and crosspost)

I agree with the idea that there is something different about bad light.

For many years I was a lead skier in whatever group I was with
EXCEPT in bad light. Then I trailed around at the back.

It was very weird.

Yeah, you can't see the shape of the surface you're sliding over, it
just looks white. Goggles bring out what contrast there is.

I don't have any idea what the difference was but suddeny bad light
was no longer a problem.

I think perhaps that it is a bit like learnig to ride a bicycle,
suddenly you can do it whereas a few minutes before you couldn't.

I expect you're right about skiing in flat light, but there's obviously
something I don't know about learning to ride a bicycle. I have an
adult friend who'd like to ride but is deterred by the learning stage,
especially the possibility of falls.
How should he go about learning to ride in a few minutes?

--
Sue ])