Old September 26th 04, 08:18 AM
meb

Default Nupace continuously variable transmission internal gear hub

Wrote:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:13:29 +1000, meb
wrote:

Anyone had any experience with these yet?

www.nupace.com

Anyone had a chance to see the innards?

Any opinions on reliability or efficiency?

Dear Meb,

There was some speculation and (I think) some links to
patents in this thread a few months ago:

http://tinyurl.com/4pzo5

or

http://tinyurl.com/4pzo5

At those prices, it may be quite a while before anyone finds
out about reliability.

Carl Fogel

Thanks for the info. We had a smaller internal gear hub thread
couple of months back at ARBR in which this hub was briefly discusse
in less detail than the thread you cited.
The higher step up ratio of the Nupace might have more use on
recumbent than other bikes, but that is a non-trivial efficienc
penalty even relative a mid-drive particularly with that price tag

--
meb