Old July 1st 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
J Jones

Default Hot Spot Question

I've been using Speedplay Zero pedals and SIDI Ergo shoes for about 4 years,
but late in the season last year I started getting terrible hot spots on my
left foot after anywhere from 10-30 miles ridden. I replaced the in-sole
with a gel-based Dr. Scholls insole and that helped me finish the year last
year without much discomfort. However, the hotspots are back with a
vengeance this summer. My questions a

1. Should I just replace the insole, and plan on doing it every 6 months or
so?
2. Are my shoes, pedals, or cleats the issue (i.e., are any/all just 'worn
out')?
3. Should I be looking at other things - my geometry/fit has not changed at
all in 3 years.

Any help anybody can recommend is appreciated. BTW: I'm 6'4" - 195lbs and
like the speeplay pedals due to their 15 degrees float (easy on the knees).
Thanks!
Jeff