Old October 9th 10, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
John Turner

Default Brighton Cyclist 900 quid down

"JMS" wrote

I have just seen part of one of those "cops in action" type of
programmes.

A cyclist in Brighton was seen riding with no lights one night.

The police were going to pull him up and make him walk home.

BUT - he rode through a red traffic light before they could stop him.

They shouted at him to stop - BUT he refused and buggered off on the
pavement !!

When stopped he swore at the two officers.

It did appear that he was ****ed - but they let that go.

He was fined £700 and ordered to pay £215 costs.

He was such an arrogant **** - he reminded me of so many of the
cyclists in URC.

Yes, what an arrogant ****.

I thought the police were remarkably retrained, although there were cameras
present. Personally I'd have arrested the ******* and allowed him the
pleasure of a night in the cells - AND - I'd have done him for being drunk
in charge of a push bike.

John.