Old October 9th 10, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Shaun[_3_]

Default Brighton Cyclist 900 quid down

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 09:03:27 +0100, "John Turner"
wrote:

"JMS" wrote

I have just seen part of one of those "cops in action" type of
programmes.

A cyclist in Brighton was seen riding with no lights one night.

The police were going to pull him up and make him walk home.

BUT - he rode through a red traffic light before they could stop him.

They shouted at him to stop - BUT he refused and buggered off on the
pavement !!

When stopped he swore at the two officers.

It did appear that he was ****ed - but they let that go.

He was fined £700 and ordered to pay £215 costs.

He was such an arrogant **** - he reminded me of so many of the
cyclists in URC.

Yes, what an arrogant ****.

I thought the police were remarkably retrained, although there were cameras
present. Personally I'd have arrested the ******* and allowed him the
pleasure of a night in the cells - AND - I'd have done him for being drunk
in charge of a push bike.

John.

Talking of arrogant ****s

In an episode a few years ago a copper pulled over a motorbike for not
having lights. The rider explained this was quite legal if the bike
wasn't used at night. The copper refused to beleive this and refused
to let him continue for several hours. By which time it was dark.

When the copper found out it was actually the motorcyclist who was in
the right his response was "I was correct, its the law thats wrong"