Old April 16th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66[_2_]

Default 3 flat tires in a row??

c wrote:

the recommendation about kevlar tires is pretty great, i'll be looking
into that next time i have a free hour

new wheels - bike's new, so not likely, but i will get them trued

i do carry a spare tube but it's for emergencies, such as when i'm in
a neighborhood i don't know or if i take a 5+ hr ride ... patch kit
too, multitool, universal-head double-action pump (no gauge on it
though, oh well), etc

side topic -- i've been borrowing a roadbike and it's a different
ballgame entirely, but i'm really digging it more and more ... sooo
efficient, but less "fun" than my hybrid ... i may become a "real"
bicyclist after all

I was one of the ones to recommend kevlar. They are a *lot* harder for
me to mount, and I did it on two bikes, but I want to say I have 1,100
miles on my main bike and 600 on my second bike since the last rainy
season and have had one flat. (Knocks on wood.) It was a presta tube
failure where the stem broke off of the tube from the daily flexing
airing it up.

Both my bikes are road bikes and I mostly ride in a big city and
occasionally ride in a very rural area a couple hundred miles away when
visiting relatives. I plan to stick with kevlar.