Old August 24th 18, 11:34 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

Default 'Death by dangerous cycling' law considered

On 2018-08-21, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/08/18 12:22, Incubus wrote:

In actual fact, some pedestrians do walk out in front of cars and
they are very foolish to do so. Yet what has this to do with the
consideration of a law on death by dangerous cycling?

Mistakes apart, they don't as a general rule.

And what has this to do with the consideration of a law concerning
death by dangerous cycling?

I told you a long time ago.

Then I am sure you will happily oblige in quoting the opinion you
gave.

Sigh. Because they do in front of cyclists.

By coincidence, today, I came across a sign on a shared path. It said
"Pedestrians - do not take up the full width".

There's something in the pedesterian's guide to cycletracks that tells
them:

Wear headphones and act surprised that a bicycle is using a cyclepath.

If you hear a cycle bell ignore it; if it becomes annoyingly loud, jump
into the cyclist's path and say "I didn't hear you, you should ring your
bell!"

Always walk on the wrong side of the path.

If in a group, each member should dive to the opposite side of the path.

Dogs should be let off the lead when possible; if not, use a long lead
and ensure the dog stays at the opposite side to you.

Dog mess should be carefully retained in a black plastic bag which you
can then hang on a branch.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.