Old October 17th 07, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Esra Sdrawkcab

Default City Of London Police - more baffling prioritising.

Barb wrote:

As an occasional "illegal" cyclist - i.e, pavement, the bit between cycle
paths, quiet pedestrian areas, etc. - I feel I have reverted to my child
hood in keeping a 360deg scan for bright yellow jackets. This is like
watching for the "parkie" .... does anyone remember this? There's almost an
unwritten rule among cyclists in my town centre to tip each other off where
the police are.....

This is ridiculous and I think it is a symptom of the police taking the easy
option to "up" their statistics and look as if they are doing something
useful. So cycling is encouraged, everyone's fitter with a huge green
footprint, and we get hit with petty byelaws and the threat of compulsory
protective wear! At the same time, they seem unable to cope with the levels
of real crime and vandalism because they are too busy filling in forms!

Next thing, I suppose, will be getting caught on the ubiquitous Big Brother
cameras!

This country has gone mad!

But this is dangerously close to the motorists defense - why pick on me
when there's others doing far worse.
Or perhaps you are being a subtle troll.