Old June 8th 05, 11:19 PM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
[...]
The Catrike that I tried was not a 2005. It may have been a 2004 although
the dealer that I visited tended to stock things so while it was new (as
in unused) it could have been older. I rode it after the Greenspeed and
Wizwheelz and immediately detected something in the steering that I didn't
like. Honestly that colored the whole experience and I didn't even take it
out on the 1 mile test course.

I've got less than 50 miles on the WindCheetah. I was going straight on a
quality road. When I got up to about 30 MPH I didn't like the way it felt.
It felt like it was starting to stray a little. I slowed down because I
know how sensitive the steering is and I couldn't imagine trying to make
mirco adjustments with the level of experience that I have.

The WindCheetah does seem to always "want" to return to straight ahead so
it takes no real effort to go straight. Since it appears that it will not
be an easy trike to trade I will probably put a season or two on it before
making a decision about whether or not to keep it.

You were just experiencing the phenomenon known as pedal steer which is
common to all tadpole trikes, some worse than others, but they all have it.
I repeat, do not listen to these UK nuts that tell you that it does not
exist or that it can be overcome by a skillful riding technique (smoother
cadence, less steering input, etc.). Instead, listen to me, the oracle of
ARBR. It is OK to get a trike, just don't ever ride it fast. Keep your speed
down to 15 to 20 mph tops and you should be fine.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota