Old September 2nd 09, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

Default Self adjusting brakes?

Keitht wrote:
terryj wrote:

out trimmed them , reversed them and adjusted them until there were
perfect, just kissing the rim in one spot. Left the bike in the
workstand and came in. This afternoon (still in the workstand) the
front brake is as locked on as a bulldog with tetanus! How?

I look forward to a convincing answer. I once got my dahon off the
train and found the carefully adjusted brakes had tightened just as
you described. Temperature was not the cause.
terryJ

If I pop in to my LBS I'll ask - one of the first Dahon dealers in
London. (bloody good mechanic, too)

Ask if they have some old spares as well???