Old July 16th 19, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Peak District cycle paths sabotaged with 'dangerous' traps

On 16/07/2019 08:54, RJH wrote:
On 13/07/2019 07:40, Bod wrote:
"Incredibly dangerous" booby traps have been found on popular cycle
paths in the Peak District.

Items found in recent weeks include large rocks moved out of position,
pins dropped on the road and branches arranged at head height across
paths.

Chris Maloney, who runs a local cycling information blog, said while
cyclists appeared to be the target, the obstacles could harm anyone.

Police said they had been made aware and appealed for information.

The traps have been spotted on trails and roads in Bradwell, Bamford
and Aston, near the Derbyshire/South Yorkshire border. There are no
reports of anyone being injured.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48961360

Dogs/wildlife and children would be the most likely victims of the pins.
And I can't think an 'obstacle' would bother many cyclists.

no one has been injured, so their level of 'very dangerous' should be
changed to 'not dangerous' or 'annoying' perhaps. Now if there were
some real Rambo style efforts, I would say 'very dangerous' was appropriate.