Old April 9th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default another shimergo combination

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 21:31:17 -0500, Patrick Lamb
wrote:

On 7 Apr 2006 05:58:41 -0700, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
wrote:
geos wrote:

I read from the archive that Campagnolo 10 shifters work fine with
Campagnolo rear derailleur and shimano 9 cassette.

Does anybody use 10s Ergo with campy derailleur and shimano 10 cassette?
Will this combination work?

Yep, use a 5.9mm chain-new Campag or shimano 10s.

I'm confused now. I thought I remembered reading around here that:
(1) a Campy 9 shifter pulled a different amount than a Campy 10
shifter
(2) Campy derailers don't count (9 or 10, no difference)
(3) Campy 9 shifter with Campy derailer was a good match for Shimano 9
cassette.

But now you're saying Campy 10 shifter + Campy derailer + Shimano 9
works. Is it equal to, worse than, or better than C9+C+S9?

These guys explain all this about as well as can be. At least I finally
understand. http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3946

I think the OP mistyped.

Ron