Old October 20th 17, 04:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Carrying tools

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:21:34 -0700 (PDT), Doug Landau wrote:
I was on tour
I was 1K miles from home
I passed a ball-pein hammer in the gutter
What would you do?

When the Tool God smiles upon you, grab it. I've got a nice little tool
collection from road finds over the years. Got a buddy who is the king
of road finds, though, and his haul dwarfs mine.

On almost all of my bikes I have a moderately sized front bag and one of
my bikes always has a Carradice saddlebag, so snagging most stuff is
pretty quick and easy. I have one road bike with only a tiny
under-saddle bag for a tube and a few tools, on that bike it would take
some ingenuity.