Old July 26th 04, 09:11 PM
geepeetee

Default road tyres

Hi

Hope i am in the right place for this. I dont seem to have much luck with
tyres on my mtb. I use the bike to commute the 15 mile round trip to work.
The problem is the tyres (mainly the back one but i have had problems with
both) loose their shape and develop a wobble.

My first tyres were from halfords and lasted about a year so i thought i
would pay a bit more and got a pair of Schwalbe road tyres. These were
probably the best lasting about 18 months before the backone gave up with
the same problem (the front one is still ok). I replaced this with an
unbranded one (but recommended by the shop) and has developed the same
problem after a couple of months. I have tried reseating the tyres and also
the rims for rough bits but all seams fine.

Can anyone recommend some good tyres (26 x 1.5, i am in the uk) or am i
expecting too much from them.

thanks

Gary