Old April 6th 04, 07:55 PM
Q.

Default Anti theft measures for cycles stored in garages, sheds etc?

DC wrote in message ...
Recently, there were some thefts of all a family's cycles from their
garage which got me thinking about overnight security as quality
bicycles are not exactly cheap these days.

Would anyone like to tell me about their security arrangements of
their cycles when garaged overnight to prevent theft?

Personally my garages have always been locked up tight ... I block any
windows with a nice thick piece of wood screwed into the concrete for
example. I've also always had big dogs and in my current situation the dog
sleeps in the garage / breezeway. Automatic lights outside as well. NRA
stickers help too (c:

You can also set up booby traps. Now, setting up proper booby traps is a
big no no, however with some thought you can arrange things so it makes it
difficult and painful for any thief to enter your premises once they get in.
Put that box of metal rods right under the window, with the sharp ends of
the rods facing up of course, or put that rollaway tool chest in front of
the back door so it cant move very far once the car is in the garage for the
night.

C.Q.C.