Old June 8th 05, 11:07 PM
Edward Dolan

"Buck" wrote in message
[...]
The steering issue with Catrike Speed stems from it having direct steering,
the 2003 model did have a lot of pedal and brake steer but this has been
dialed out with the new frame geometry, the Windcheetah likewise requires
little steering input to affect large changes in course, the answer to that
problem is experience.
You get pedal steer on two wheel bents as well as trikes, it is down to
not having a smooth cadence, there are trikes around with slower steering,
the Trice, Greenspeed and the new Catrike Road all use indirect steering
for more touring orientated trikes and as such require more steering input
to affect direction. I ride a Speed and often exceed 50mph with no
problems at all and anyone who has ridden in England will tell you we do
not have the best surfaces in the world, but I do have a huge mileage
behind me.

--
Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

www.catrike.co.uk

Direct steering for a tadpole trike has got to be the worst idea ever.
Apparently, it takes a company like Catrike to come up with a loser like
that.

Despite what these trike enthusiasts have to say about going fast, pedal
steer is a fact of life on a tadpole trike and one would be well advised to
keep your speed down unless you don't care about living anymore. The kind of
pedal steer you get on a two wheeler is minimal compared to the kind of
pedal steer you get on a tadpole trike.

If Buck is riding his Catrike at 50 mph, he is not long for this world. One
of these days he is going to swerve right into the path of an oncoming
trailer truck due to pedal steer and get squashed like a bug on a
windshield. But that is the price you pay for idiocy.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota