Old October 11th 17, 07:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default DRIVERLESS ELECTRIC CARS

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 14:15:30 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 10/10/2017 12:16 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 22:37:43 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I wasn't doubting that auto-cars will exist and become popular. I was
doubting that the government will "shove them down our throats."

Well, let's pretend that the "Smart Driverless Highway of the
Future(tm)" is funded with our tax dollars, in order to provide a
suitable arena for testing driverless vehicles.

But they're testing these things now on ordinary streets. They're
attempting to make the cars, not the highway, "smart."

Which brings up the problem of "who do you sue"? After all it the auto
is self controlled you obviously can't sue the bloke sitting there
staring at his hand phone and the car makers are going to have legions
of extremely highly paid legal "consultants".
--
Cheers,

John B.