Old May 28th 11, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

Default Context for TdS debacle

On May 27, 1:02*pm, ilan wrote:

It also confirms what I was saying, that the EPO test has a subjective
element.

,,, as do a number of dope tests. IIRC, Ashenden's test for exogenous
blood doping only requires a subjective detection of a peak
corresponding to the non-native blood cells - no criteria as to the
peak or the integrated quantity.

With regard to the EPO test, my understanding is that it also is
sensitive to the presence of exogenous EPO only for a very short
period of time after the EPO is administered, yet the effects last for
days to weeks. Just another reason why anyone who takes care can avoid
detection of many dope tests and appear "clean"