Old April 7th 19, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Congestion Pricing: No Free Lunch On Roads Or Freedom

When the government holds down the price of something people value, Mr. Manville said, we get shortages. And congestion is effectively a shortage of road — one that occurs at the peak times when people want to use it most.

I spent the weekend in London, drove my car in and saw the new signs up for the ULEZ zones. My car is a low polluter and will not attract a charge.

https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/about-t...ving-in-london

London may play more than a minor role in getting U. S. cities onboard.

It's hard to sit back being stuck on stoopid when other places are being smart.

Bret Cahill