Old July 19th 19, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

Default What do you find worse - dry heat or heat & humidity?

On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 8:56:58 PM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Just wondering what others feel is worse. What do you think is worse, riding in a dry environment (desert) with 110F temperatures or riding in an area where the heat and humidity combine to give a temperature of 110F?

IO figure that at lest in t he desert sweat can evaporate and thus cool you but when there's really high humidity the sweat does NOT evaporate and thus you lose most of the cooling effect of sweating.

Opinions?

Cheers

I live where we see 90s and high humidity.

I frequently stop in stores about every 5 miles to cool off.

I once hiked up a mountain in New Mexico when it was around 95 F.

I did not sweat very much and it sure did not feel like 95.

Andy