Old July 20th 19, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default What do you find worse - dry heat or heat & humidity?

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 09:47:51 +0700, John B.
wrote:

At Edwards, coming back from lunch, say 13:00, walking in from the
parking lot to the shop - maybe a hundred yards, you didn't appear to
sweat not at all. Of course you did sweat but it evaporated so quickly
that even your arm pits didn't seem to be wet :-)

Last millenium, I went on many a ride where my first clue that I'd
been sweating was finding my face gritty with salt.

And other times .. . on one ride, my sweat shorted out my wrist watch.

I remember climbing a hill and being both cold and sweaty. I think
the humidity was condensing on me.

Supposed to be 95 F tomorrow. I'm taking two bottles of tea,
starch-sugar-and-vinegar water to add to water picked up along the
way, and five sandwich bags of ice.

This will be my first group ride in twenty years.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net