Old July 20th 19, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default What do you find worse - dry heat or heat & humidity?

On 7/19/2019 9:39 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 09:47:51 +0700, John B.
wrote:

At Edwards, coming back from lunch, say 13:00, walking in from the
parking lot to the shop - maybe a hundred yards, you didn't appear to
sweat not at all. Of course you did sweat but it evaporated so quickly
that even your arm pits didn't seem to be wet :-)

Last millenium, I went on many a ride where my first clue that I'd
been sweating was finding my face gritty with salt.

And other times .. . on one ride, my sweat shorted out my wrist watch.

I remember climbing a hill and being both cold and sweaty. I think
the humidity was condensing on me.

Supposed to be 95 F tomorrow. I'm taking two bottles of tea,
starch-sugar-and-vinegar water to add to water picked up along the
way, and five sandwich bags of ice.

This will be my first group ride in twenty years.

There's the spirit! Best wishes, report back!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/