Old March 2nd 05, 10:14 AM
Keith Willoughby

audrey writes:

Since the Bike Events brochure came in the post, I've been thinking
about doing the Manchester 100 ride in September.

I'm a very overweight 30-something who mainly uses her bike for
pootling to the shops and such. The furthest I usually ride is about
5 miles. Oh and my bike is crap (tho there is a possibility I might
be getting a shiny new one in July).

How realistic is it that I could be able to cycle 62 miles in one day
by September?

In February last year, I was a very overweight 30-something who
struggled to do five miles on his first trip on a bike in years. In
June, I did 52 miles. If I'd gone out a little more often, I think I
could have done a metric century last year.

So. Eminently realistic, I reckon.

But on the other side, It didn't say nothing.
That side was made for you and me.