Old August 15th 13, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Default Money well spent!

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:18:42 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 15/08/2013 10:41, Bertie Wooster wrote:

JNugent wrote:

Is cycling the only known form of exercise?

Flogging a dead horse is an alternative form of exercise.

So contrary to what some people would have you believe, cycling is
certainly not the only form of exercise?

I quite understand that you might not feel able to say "yes" to that.

I quite understand that he may have considered it a rhetorical
question.

If he did, he was wrong again.

There are some who seem to "think" that cycling is the only means of
exercising. They are are as wrong as you suggest him to have been.

What's so difficult about accepting that cycling is not the only - or
even anywhere near being the best - form of exercise?

"Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck
in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the stationary bicycle."
-- U.S. Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.)