Old June 29th 16, 06:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg

Default winged dome nut (photo) and "master wrench"

John B. writes:

As an aside, your photos are almost always
too dark and usually with shadows which make
it difficult to see details.

I got a web camera, so I attached it to a pole
so it always points to a piece of wood, where
I can place things and have it automated in
that sense. Problem is it is always too dark
even when I (like this time) hold a flashlight
directly at the object. It needs more light in
general, I suppose. The web cams should come
with a flash! Under construction...

The so called "master wrench" looks more like
something that sounds like a good idea and
doesn't work as well as it sounded like it
would

I like it for field work so I only have to
bring 8, 10, 13, 14 and 15 mm combination
spanners but still be ready for everything.

Professionals don't use them because they
slip and they are larger and heavier than an
equal size conventional wrench.

And slower with less power (yeah, the slip).

And besides, they don't look "professional"
so you don't want to put them in the top of
your tool box where everyone will see them
:-)

For tool boxes they are OK because you don't
get that much stuff into a tool box. But now
when I discovered the master wrench the
adjustable wrenches will be expelled from there
as well. As for hanging them from a nail in the
shop, that is OK because people borrow them and
never return them (just like the knife and ax)
before they make me look bad - the combination
spanners tho I get to keep, probably because
people aren't used to using them so they don't
know they do the same only much better...

- so far: 55 Blogomatic articles -