Old June 30th 16, 04:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Default winged dome nut (photo) and "master wrench"

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 13:48:06 +0000 (UTC), David Scheidt
wrote:

Emanuel Berg wrote:
:John B. writes:

:spanners but still be ready for everything.

: Professionals don't use them because they
: slip and they are larger and heavier than an
: equal size conventional wrench.

Depends on what professional you're talking about. Professonal
mechanics, working in a shop, don't often use them. Professionals who
have to carry their tools around often do.

At one time in my life I had people paying me to fix things out in a
jungle. I used fixed wrenches. Open end, Box end, Sockets. Those sort
of thing :-)

At an even earlier period my Uncle Sam hired me to fix airplanes and
loaned me a tool box. Same thing, Open end, Box end, Sockets. :-)

:And slower with less power (yeah, the slip).

Knipex Pliers Wrench!

--
cheers,

John B.