Old February 10th 16, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg

Default Shimano Dual SIS 7 speed (photos)

David Scheidt writes:

Perhaps I should apply 5-56/WD-40 first to oust
grains in the machinery?

Both of those are reasonable plans, assuming your
use a real oil on your chain, and not wax.

The oil I have is "universal oil" (100 ml) bought on
a supermarket for car tools and spare parts.
It doesn't say anything else about it. The chain lube
I have is CRC Chain Lube - it says "Adhesive
Lubricant" on the can.

I expect your cables are shot, and that the rest
will work with cleaning, lubrication, and
adjustment. 7 speed stuff is pretty durable.

OK! I get back to you tomorrow God willing.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573