Old February 10th 16, 12:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg

Default Shimano Dual SIS 7 speed (photos)

Jeff Liebermann writes:

You must have visited the site like five seconds
after I submitted the post. Anyway now it is done.

Nope. I checked it again at about 0800 PST on
a different machine. I also cleared the browser
cache and DNS cache to make sure I was not looking
at a stale page or site. The pages now work, after
you fixed them for Sir Ridesalot.

Indeed! I understand now how this happened.
Because I was certain I had changed the permissions
already. But I changed them on the server! So when
I transmitted files from my computer, the permissions
were still non-read on the local machine. But because
the files were there, they were not transmitted, only
silently reset to the old non-read mode.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573