Old February 24th 16, 02:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg

Default Shimano Dual SIS 7 speed (photos)

Emanuel Berg writes:

However here the easy stuff ends. Is there some
method to what to do next? I thought I'd figure it
out because the combinations seemed limited what to
do. However I didn't succeed. On both front and
back, either the wire gets ridiculously loose (like
a loop) *or* I gets so heavy I have to put
considerable strength into getting to the next step.
Not possible to do while riding the bike!

OK, I got it working! With a tight wire it is possible
to shift when pedaling (with the legs). I don't know
if that is normal or if it is still a bad sign it
can't be done with just a little force to it.

I discovered two little screws (PZs) on the front
mechanism. It says H on the left and L on the right.
The "H" is perhaps "horizontal" (?) because it moves
the arm between the saddle frame pole and the
chainwheels. Actually you can align the arm pretty far
to the right this way. Is there a method to this?
I understand the purpose but it wasn't the easiest
thing to detect a good position or tell a good one
from a bad (save for when the chain came off).

The L screw tho I didn't see anything happening.
What does it do?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573