Old September 28th 20, 08:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default Craigslist Scam

I think I've told you about my Madone selling within 5 minutes of it being posted. Well, the check arrived today from Tampa, and it was drawn on a company in San Luis Obispo, CA and was for 3 times the asking price. Needless to say I reported it to the FBI and called the company in San Luis Obispo to let them know. They already knew and their checking accounts had been changed a long time ago.

The real ****er was that I had other offers that I turned down with all of this going on. A stock trader friend told me when I told him about it on Saturday that it was a scam but I couldn't see why anyone would be doing such a thing. Well, they are doing it and so look out if you're using Craigslist.