Old February 12th 05, 12:31 PM
Callistus Valerius

I don't know about all of you, but when you train on a bike everyday,
the last thing I want to see on the tube when I'm relaxing is more bike
racing. I kind of like those fishing shows. They're quiet, and

peaceful.
Unlike that creepy noise those eurocrowds emit during a bike race, that

just
give you more fatigue.

Yeah, but I prefer the test pattern. Or in winter the yule log. I
wonder if I can get a DVD of that?

OLN hasn't figured out how to cover cycling yet. They tried Trautwig,
and that was a flop. I think they need to use some technology, like Fox
covers NASCAR. Camera on the bike, during fast descents, more on the
technology of the sport, that's what Americans like. You can't cover it in
a Euro way, for an American audience. The Euro way, makes them look like
they're taking a casual ride around central park, sightseeing. And how many
castles do you have to see? They have to get cameras in the peloton, and
someway show the hazards that this sport has. Crashes are always good, but
we don't want that, so have a huge archive of crashes to show during the
boring segments. And please find a way to mask, that retarded crowd noise
the eurocrowds emit. It's as irritating as crickets. The reason bullriding
is more popular is because of how American the performers act, and the
audience response is American. So the key is to mask out the Europeans,
even having a tight shot so that you don't have to endure watching the Euro
crowds.