Old August 26th 05, 05:40 AM
Slugger

Default Still Alive

In article , Jeff Grippe
wrote:

Nope,

I don't like deltas. It is one of two tadpoles (that I know of ) that are
high off the ground. Here is a link to a picture of me with the trike from
June.

http://groups.msn.com/GrippesPhotos/...snw?action=Sho
wPhoto&PhotoID=481

the builder's web site is

http://www.americruiser.com

I bought this trike because I have bad knees and didn't want to have to
climb in and out of trikes like the Greenspeed or Wizwheelz.

My first trike (now sold) as a Sun which was a delta. I didn't like riding
it at all. I'm much happier with the cruiser.

Jeff

Nice trike Jeff. Whats going on in the back there?
Is that a trunk of some sort?
I bet the Cycle Genius trike comes up that high.
High seated tadpoles are few and far between, thats for damn sure.

"Slugger" wrote in message
In article , Jeff Grippe
jeff@door7 wrote:

There are a few trikes that are much higher up. My commuting trike is the
TriCruiser and it is as high off the ground as any bike. I think the
experience related here is a result of bad drivers and not bad trikes.

Jeff

That must be a delta trike because very few tadpoles come up that if
any at all.

"Slugger" wrote in message
In article , Chuck
wrote:

At 5:45 am this morning I was hit from the rear by a car on Charlotte
Pike. My trike is toast. I'm Ok physically except for a little scrape
and some bruising. I can no longer accept that I must share the road
with talking monkeys operating heavy machinery.

So now I'm thinking to hell with civilization; where can I live and
ride
where there are no other vehicles?

I'm just crushed. I loved my trike and I love tooling around in it but
as a clerk in C store and as a daily commuter (for about two years now
on the trike) I know how stupid these assholes in their cars and
trucks
are. They are not to be trusted. Trust that eventually some insect on
cell phone will come along and destroy your customized labor of love.

Never mind your lit up like a fire truck and flashing anti-collision
lights and watching and using your rear view mirrors. Never mind your
following all the rules.

Bam, my trike is toast; rear axle bent, left rear wheel destroyed,
derailer bent all to hell, assorted other damage.

The guy was insured. I didn't shoot him and we both walked away but

I DIDN'T SEE HIM

was his excuse.

Chuck Trotter
Nashville, TN

No offence to the trike people but I would be scared ****less riding
around so low. Especially up against a bigger truck or SUV, on some
trikes you wouldn't even come up as high as the wheel. As much as I
hate cars " I didn't see him" is a valid excuse against a trike I
recon.

Did you have a flag on your trike? Better to look like a cripple than
to be a cripple. Lights don't do a whole lot of good in the day time.