Old January 17th 21, 05:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

Default Department of "well, duh!"

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 23:18:50 -0500, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 13:30:27 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

The alternative I've considered is adding snaps to the cuff of the
pants,

That was my first thought, but I wear varying thicknesses of tights
under the sweat pants. Then I considered adding a strap to close with
a D ring, but that would leave an end flapping around, and at the rate
that I sew, it would be shorts season before I figured out how to do
it.

Velcro has not, in my experience, been reliable.

I used to add tabs to the ankles of my jeans, that could be snapped
together. Either that or I had an antique pair of jeans with that
feature, and couldn't figure out how to duplicate it. I think it was
the latter, but it was long, long ago, and before I started taking
notes.

I should give a brass safety pin a try -- I'm almost out of the steel
ones anyway. I don't like brass pins because they make bigger holes
in the fabric, but sweat pants will wear out long before it could
matter.

https://www.amazon.com/puttees/s?k=puttees
Expensive though ;=)
--