Old April 26th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

Default lickton's gets no more business from me!

"Tim McNamara" wrote in message

Lickton's is a brick and mortar shop that has been in business for at
least 30+ years, since I first did business with them in 1978 and they
were well-known then. Bob Lickton is notorious cranky and, from a
customer service perspective, that's not a particularly good thing as
you point out. On the other hand, he's managed to be in business for a
long time and to develop a reputation as one of the better shops in the
Chicago area. So he's done something right.

I'm baffled by buying a lock ring by mail order and not just riding down
to the LBS to get one. Unless you only have LBSes with worse customer
service than Lickton's.

As a customer, of course, you certainly have the right to no longer do
business with them if their service was unsatisfactory from your
perspective.

i don't know but this is a good story...but that has no turning point about
animals