Old July 6th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default I'm three for three

In article ,
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 17:26:26 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

In article
,
"Paul G." wrote:

On Jul 5, 12:26*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,
*Laura W wrote:

On Jul 4, 8:14 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
Genius from Burt Hoovis

http://www.bobkestrut.com/gygto01.html

Sorry, but Bobke and Burt are two very different people.

Damn straight. If Burt was that funny, I'd totally subscribe to his feed.

I would totally love to see cloned teams. And I'd still bet on Merckx.

Right. By the time they reach the age of 22 there will be nothing left
but well-fed Eddys.
-Paul

Well, there was one good critique upthread: you're not really accounting
for the different "revelation" ages of each rider. Eddy won his first
TdF while still U-23; Lance wasn't amazing until after cancer.

For a fair test, will Evil-Hinault treat the clone-Lances (TIONYK)
preemptively, or at the same age as Lance-prime was treated? Does he
have a few extras in case not all of them make it through chemo?

I think it's one of them temporal paradoxes. Armstrong was super
before cancer, he just didn't know how super he was. If the clones
can get hold of a newspaper from, say, 2000, then they're more likely
to win.

I think the Ira Levin novel "The Boys from Brazil" will have to be
required reading for any further discussions on this topic.

Does that date me?