Old March 10th 12, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Ride report after eating fruit

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 21:10:14 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Mar 8, 4:24*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On Mar 8, 8:27*am, Simon Mason wrote:

On Mar 8, 8:11*am, thirty-six wrote:

On Mar 8, 5:16*am, "Simon Mason" wrote:

Ate a tin of grapefruit at 1400 and left work at 1500 with a 35mph direct
headwind to contend with. Thanks to thirty six's advice, I started with a
very high cadence of around 90 rpm. After about six miles I was cooking on
gas and pulling 20 mph into the wind with great ease. Then I got help up a
tad by these roadworks.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/roadworks.wmv

After that delay caused by drivers, I pinned it at 25mph, despite the wind.
About a mile from home I eased off and rode up the 70ft high "hill" back
home again.

Well it all *sounds good, but is this as good as it gets or have you
managed quicker(roadworks excluded) or easier?

Yes - much quicker but that was due to a 50mph tailwind, not because I
ate some fruit before I set off.

--
Simon Mason

How about fruit, cabbage and beans to give you a 200mph
tailwind? * *;-)- Hide quoted text -

I don't really suffer from flatulence

....... just verbal diarrhoea - or as you have been told : you post pure ****e.