Old January 29th 04, 10:30 PM
Mark Thompson

Default lbs vs Internet

When buying parts, complete bikes accessories or whatever, do you
prefer to give your custom to your lbs who in my experience will spend
a little bit of time chatting to you about the products suitable and
also about bikes in general, but who probably charge a little bit
extra; or do you prefer to go hunting on the internet and find the
cheapest price possible?

I buy inexpensive things from the lbs. Anything where I'd need advice on the
purchase / need them to fit I'd get from them too. Oh, and anything I'd need to
try on (i.e. gloves). Anything else I'd get from t'internet (at the cheapest
price possible of course). I also use the internet to research prices - I'll be
able to tell if the lbs is taking the mick with its prices.

Mark.