Old January 30th 04, 01:06 AM
AndyMorris

Default lbs vs Internet

davebee wrote:
When buying parts, complete bikes accessories or whatever, do you
prefer to give your custom to your lbs who in my experience will spend
a little bit of time chatting to you about the products suitable and
also about bikes in general, but who probably charge a little bit
extra; or do you prefer to go hunting on the internet and find the
cheapest price possible?

I bought my (custom) bike from the LBS who was very good. He let me use his
workshop to build the wheels and put it all together. I try to buy as much
as I can from him as he's nice, helpful, supports the local CTC and I want
my local town to have a good bike shop.

I don't really need his advice as I used to be trade and have now caught up
with my 10 years away from bikes.

However as he is only open 5 days a week, 9:30 while 5, 4:30 on Saturday,
closed all day Weds, I tend to spend a lot at Wiggle as they are pretty
straight, are honest about their stock availability and have picies of
nearly everything and I can decide what I want at 1 in the morning if I
want.

SJC are good for spares and bit and bobs from the heap o bits as they are a
real bike shop.

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK