Old June 27th 05, 04:21 AM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
Yes, I do attack when I know I am right and others are wrong - and
pigheaded to boot. I am respectful of other's opinions when they have a
right to those opinions grounded in some semblance of sanity.

I don't like pigheaded either but you don't get to decide whose opinions
are grounded in some semblance of sanity and who's aren't. I the same
reason that I prefer no to edit. I know I can't escape my own bias. My
opinions are not right just because they are mine. Yours are not right
just because they are yours. Ed Dolan does not get to define right and
wrong. If both side were to do that then there would be no discussion of
any substance. It would devolve down to "Me", "No Me", "No Me", "No
Me"...etc.

You need to have been here about two years ago when this group was a pig sty
of liberal posting. That is no longer the case thanks to me. I fought fire
with fire which is the only way to do it. Sweet reason is for symposiums in
Heaven, not for the realities of this earth.

Also, another thing that kicks in big time with me is when I detect
others are being rude and dismissive. Then I am rude and dismissive right
back. You do not yet fall into that category, but I am expecting!
However, from long experience with many here on ARBR, I know who is who
and can often beat them to the punch. The best defense is a good offense.
Everything with me is tit for tat and I was not born yesterday. I have a
long memory and I like to keep my knife sharp and my gunpowder dry.

Ed you are the king of rude and dismissive which is why I started going at
it with you in the first place. You can keep expecting it from me but you
won't get it. If anything my posts have been against rude and dismissive.
Most of the metaphors you used in the second half of your paragraph above
were fighting metaphors. My answer is that if you looking for a fight you
are bound to find one. It is instinctive for humans to fight. We are
easily provoked and quick to repond. But I'm a liberal remember. I don't
want to fight with you Ed. I prefer to throw all the idea onto the mat and
fight with them to see which ones might be able to stand up.

I know liberals like I know the back of my hand because I was one myself in
my misspent youth. I fight the way they fight, dirty and with no rules. I go
for the jugular just like they do. I mostly just plain hate them, especially
with regard to their position on the War in Iraq. To try to reason with a
liberal is an exercise in futility.

You only need to post the right way and all will be forgiven.

I am sticking to your way of posting for the time being because otherwise
the discussion is only about how I post and that is boring. Like it or not
I make no promises to continue to do this, however. I do not want to lull
you into believing that I am a changed person.

Post the RIGHT way and forget all that other nonsense of yours. Newsgroups
are difficult enough without everyone posting idiosyncratically.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota