Old November 7th 04, 04:40 AM
Frank Knox

"saki" wrote in message
Jeff Starr wrote in
:

Hi, here is another option, although similarly priced. He'll probably
like the Trek's paint job better.
http://www.feltracing.com/2005_bikes/2005_f24.html

I suspect you're right. Thanks for the link!

I still have to find him a bike we can afford. $600+ is great but not when
he'll outgrow the bike in four or five years, or less.

Someone suggested that very small-frame bikes, perhaps even women's bikes
(with top tube) might fit his proportions for now. I'll give that a try as
well.

----

I bought the Felt for my 7 year old, planning on having her use it for 4-5
years. It's a little large now, so I have a short stem installed backwards.
It's a compact frame so will last longer than most adults seem to keep bikes
these days.
I too was a bit reluctant at first to spend that much on a child's bike.
Here's the rationalization I used: My daughter is as important a part of my
family as me or my wife so if I can have a nice road bike she should also.
We share what expendable income we have.

Here's another option:
http://www.wolfenet.org/gallery/Bikes?page=5
http://www.wolfenet.org/gallery/Bikes?page=1