Old May 6th 11, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

Default why I'll never ride sram in any grand tour or one day classic

"Snortley" wrote in message

Last month, I was on a lunch break in the middle of a ride. Outside
the diner where I was sitting, there was a long line of patrons at a
table in front of a housewares store. I wondered what was in such
demand that so many were turning out. Then I saw the banner
advertising the deal: bring in you chef's knife for a free sharpening!
These people couldn't even sharpen a kitchen knife! Not a few, but
they were showing up in droves! What the store was offering seemed
like a sign of the times. Would this have been a draw 50 years ago?

Fifty years ago there was an old guy on a pedal powered thingawachit who
rode through the neighborhood ringing a bell. He sharpened knives. And
scissors! The sign was real big about the scissors but knives were his core
business.

Not only was it a draw, but a big enough of one to be worth delivering.