Old February 25th 19, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Not nohow, not no way

Last time I checked, our highest gust of wind was 44 mph, about six
minutes before I started walking home from church.

Wasn't snowing much, but it hit my face pretty hard. I didn't get
chilled (I do know how to dress!) but DH could detect a difference
between my upwind ear and the other one when I asked him to feel them.

Weather Underground says that the wind will drop off in a fairly
straight line from Real Soon Now until midnight tomorrow, but I'm not
going anywhere by bike or by car. I might venture as far as the
compost heap on foot.

On the way to church, I saw a house under repair or renovation with a
strip of trim swinging and one edge of the housewrap fluttering. Also
a wire was down, but a person who lives on the lane said it had been
dangling for some time. Didn't seem to be connected to anything, but
I was careful not to step near it. No limbs down that I could see,
but the UPSs have been chirping and the lights went out for a few
seconds.

The NIPSCO map is speckled, thickest around Chicago. Mostly green and
multiple-report, but there are a couple of oranges. Green is 1-49
customers with no power and orange is 500 - 4999.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net