Old January 5th 04, 11:17 PM
Dan Connelly

Default Peace Themed Jerseys?

Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Bill: I'm inclined to agree with another poster who would be concerned
about causing unwanted behaviour from those in 6000 pound steel cages with
tires & suspension & interior noise control such that they could make a
credible claim that they didn't know they ran over you.

Is this why these aren't available in the US? Liability concerns ?

The only peace jersey I can think of is the old Team Saeco Cannondale
green "PEACE" jersey, intended for, but never used in, the Tour. It
was also a bold statement, as it was directed at the Northern Ireland disputes.
I never heard of any hostile run-downs due to its use. But of course
liability risks in Britain can't compare to those in the good ol' USA.

Seriously -- I think the concern about being run down are way overstated.
Idiots on the road object to lycra in general, as it represents recreational
road use (as opposed to their very important non-recreational drive
to Blockbuster Video). Political statements on clothing are pretty much accepted.
I wore a "no war" button on my courier bag for a long time, and never
heard a negative word about it.

Dan