Old October 14th 03, 07:13 PM
GS

Default Speedplay VS. Dura Ace????

Speedplays:
More float
Lighter
Two-sided entry
Many consider it to be among the easiest pedals for entry and exit

Dura-Ace:
Bigger platform

" why would you pick dura ace over the lighter speedplays???"
-a few grams is inconsequential compared to the other factors. Some
people feel they really need to have a large platform pedal, thereby ruling
out the Speedplays.
As far as what the pros ride, they mostly ride what their sponsors tell them
to ride. Often the best products out there aren't those that the pros are
using.
If I were you I'd ignore the weight difference and focus on the other
aspects.
Check out RoadBikeReview.com for more opinions on the different pedals.

Check out the Coombe pedals for another alternative that may have even more
advantages to both.

"Ryan Bates" wrote in message
m...
Looking for opinions on speedplay versus Shimano dura ace pedals. i'm
about a 1:00 40k bike rider for triathlon (5'11, 160lbs)with a cadence
of about 90rpm, and want to know which to buy. speedplay is lighter
and has more float, but seems like a lot of pros are going the dura
ace route. why would you pick dura ace over the lighter speedplays???
(let's pretend price doesn't matter). thanks!