Old October 14th 03, 10:20 PM
Mike Lana

Default Speedplay VS. Dura Ace????

I do not recomend speedplay for those with limeted riding experience.
I trained about 60-100 miles per week four 4 years before I switched
to speedplays. I started gaining some bad habits because the float
allowed me to rotate my heel in. I had a major knee injury that ended
the season. Of course I was the one with the bad form but the pedals
allowed the range of movement . Since then I have stuck with Time(my
favorite but expensive) and Look pedals. They force me to have better
form. I have not had an injury since.
Good Luck
Mike

(Ryan Bates) wrote in message om...
Looking for opinions on speedplay versus Shimano dura ace pedals. i'm
about a 1:00 40k bike rider for triathlon (5'11, 160lbs)with a cadence
of about 90rpm, and want to know which to buy. speedplay is lighter
and has more float, but seems like a lot of pros are going the dura
ace route. why would you pick dura ace over the lighter speedplays???
(let's pretend price doesn't matter). thanks!