Old January 23rd 18, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default 700c 25mm tires on Weinmann ZAC19 rims ok?

On 2018-01-22 17:54, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:07:29 -0800, Joerg

On 2018-01-22 14:55, jbeattie wrote:

[...]

You're trying to use a mid-fi club racer for a cargo bike. You
should get a cargo bike or a gravel bike.

I like this old bike. It has sturdy rack eyelets and a nice rack on
there. Works well. Why should I buy a whole new steel trekking bike for
$1500 when I can buy a wheel for $100 and be done with it? Plus then

my wife would want me to get rid of the Gazelle road bike and I just
can't do that. It would be like throwing away a 50's era Porsche.

The only downside of this bike is that it doesn't have low gears for
steeper hills. So I have to use the MTB for such rides but that's not a
big deal, comes at a small speed penalty and life isn't about racing
through it. At least not for me.

Having been there and done that I would suggest that if the drop-outs
require aligning that you take it to a shop. Not that aligning the
frame is an overwhelming problem rather that a shop will (hopefully)
have the correct tools which makes a successful outcome far more
likely.

See: https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair...pout-alignment

Yup. Though a couple of long enough screws should also do the trick.
First I have to find a good wheel though. If I end up having to rebuild
one around the old Shimano 600 hub I won't need to bend up the frame.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/