Old July 20th 17, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default ID Bottom Bracket Shell

On 7/20/2017 12:15 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 10:17:14 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/19/2017 11:21 AM,
wrote:
Can anyone ID this shell?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122527034899?ul_noapp=true

1. That is not a 3Rensho product. It's not even Japanese.

2. It's definitely Italian built. Mid-size factory; not an
artisan builder, not Bianchi etc.

3. I do not know. It is the same shell Basso used at one
time. Could possibly be a Basso but I do not know that.
Either he measured poorly or it's not a Basso as the
geometry as listed makes no sense:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/basso.html

Thanks Andrew. I've never seen a shell like that on my large number of Basso's but I suspect you've seen a lot more of them than I have.

Mid 1990s Gap used that shell, after the one with the panto
"B" logo was dropped.
I don't have an upside-down Basso snapshot and a web search
was fruitless.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/