Old July 5th 06, 04:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default RR: No Fireworks Here!

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
stones. The Titus still has Panaracer Fire XC Pro tires. These are
great for sugar sand and the packed conditions in southern NJ, but the
pea stones are just big enough to make these tires act slick slicks.
So, now I had to climb and stay way back in the saddle to get some
traction.
it and two, those damn tires couldn't hold the trail! I was all over
the place on curves. It was damn scary at times trying to keep the bike
on the trail without becoming a skidiot.

Tried to warn ya.
Smoke or Velociraptor n back and a Dart n front.
They're cheap ($18 at performance) and they work.

Basically, for Colorado riding, you need a paddle in back and a knife
in front.
The other stuff is just trendy crap and a waste of hard earned cash.