Old April 28th 18, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default The case for cycle lanes

On 28/04/2018 21:08, JNugent wrote:
On 28/04/2018 18:30, TMS320 wrote:
On 28/04/18 15:17, JNugent wrote:

But I have noted in Germany (and, for that matter, in NL) that
cyclists behave properly and obey the law.

When watching German holiday makers pedalling at Lake Garda, I gained
no such impression.

In which German Land is Garda?

If only that were true in the UK (it certainly isn't). Perhaps
cyclists would not be hated as much as they are.

You have yet to take up my offer to meet up and point out the
situation as you believe it to be.

How true.

I read the other day that cyclist deaths in the NL now exceed the number
of car occupant deaths. Over 200 of each. The rise is attributed to the
use of e-bikes by older riders.