Old November 27th 08, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs[_3_]

Default Oh that was _very_ clever .... [was: [punctures] Um, Am I missing Something ..?]

POHB wrote:
On 27 Nov, 15:10, aigle_de_la_route wrote:
I'm treating myself to a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Plus...

Good move. However, SM+ are one of the more difficult tyres to get
on
so I'd really recommend a set of tyre levers to go with them.
Also, top tip, to avoid pinching the tube when wrestling the things
onto the rim
put 'em on first with no tube, then take off one side, insert tube and
reseat.
Not sure if it streches the bead a bit or what, but they seem to go on
easier 2nd time around.

And use the narrowest tube that you think would be ok.

~PB